Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DevBlog # 2

originally posted on  2010 - 05 - 14

What would you do if you could go back to the Citadel, Omega, and other locations within the Mass Effect™ universe; this time in the shoes of a Turian? While the answer will be up to you, we plan on making this more than just a question. Eventually, when these Dev Blogs are obsolete, you will have the opportunity to tell us exactly how your experience as a Turian went.
We’ve been hard at work to bring you the best gameplay experience possible within our 2D version of Mass Effect™. A majority of our recent work has been in the art department thanks to these amazing artists!

Fuel-Reaver
Job : Concept Artist / Cutscene Artist
Featured Art : link
Artistic History : I’ve been drawing since before I can remember, was always scribbling away at school as a kid, doodling during lessons, as well as drawing my own characters or pre existing ones all the time! I enjoy and dabble in many art mediums, but there is just nothing quite like bringing a character or world to life with pen, pencil or brush on paper!
Deviantart : http://fuelreaver.deviantart.com/

Criz
Job : Battler Artist / Face-Set Artist / All-around-do-everythinger
Featured Art : link
Artistic History : This goes back awhile, probably to the time since I can hold a pencil... sometime in 2003 I started doing digital art and things just went on from there. It's fun... it's relaxing and creative - and hopefully one day it will also pay bills ^_~
Deviantart : http://criz.deviantart.com

Scooter
Job : Tileset Artist
Featured Art : link
Artistic History : I've easily been doing art since around 2003, high school art is a joke. I more or less started photography. I do it for enjoyment, and I want to be a game artist as a 3D modeler but with the current state of the Australian game industry it seems unlikely to happen soon. I'm actually have qualifications in Photography, Design, and Game Art.
Deviantart : http://scooter79rs.deviantart.com

Shadee
Job : Sprite Artist
Featured Art : click
Artistic History : Since I could hold a pencil. I do it because I enjoy it. I'm in no way a professional artist, I just do it for fun.
Deviantart : http://shadee.deviantart.com

Without the help of these artists, we would have nothing to show you today. Thankfully, we do indeed have plenty to show.

Screenshots
-The new conversation system-
-C-sec Room-
-Dynamic Lighting adds shadows and lights to add further detail to the environments-
-Wandering the Presidium- (Please note that the trees are place-holders until we can put in our own.)
-A small room to test reflections and lighting-
-Finally, new Turian Sprites-

Video

video link
-The new dynamic battle system and active enemies.- (Yes, I'm aware that the sniper rifle is shooting machine gun rounds. :P ) Also, thanks to our Audio department for the music you hear in this video (by Rix Raw) and the Geth voices (by Treesnogger).

As you can see, we've been busy. With Open-Alpha coming in the near future, now is the time to get involved in the forums!

http://www.turianproject.com/forums

Until next time,
~Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment